(15 months - 23 months)
Our Toddler Program is designed to teach them to learn about themselves and the world around them through interaction with other children and adults. They learn to evaluate and naturally secure relationships. We help them feel competent, and proud about the many skills they can do. Thus, we make them feel supported as they express their independence. Some of the skills and concepts covered are:
1. To learn about themselves
2. Learning about their feelings
3. To learn about others
4. To express needs and thoughts without using words.
5. To learn about moving and doing
6. To acquire thinking skills
(6 weeks - 14 months)
Our Infant Program nurtures Active Minds, Healthy Bodies and Happy Hearts!
Throughout the day, you will see Infant teachers talk and sing with your child during feeding, diapering and playtime. This interaction helps your baby begin to understand language and conversation. Our staff pays close attention to all aspects of your child's development.
(3-5 Year Old)
The characteristics of this age group are that they want feel independent and "in control". This is a critical time for children to develop independence in social, emotional and physical behavior. We offer the children choices whenever possible while introducing social guidelines for group participation. At this stage, the children are very interested in participating in small group activities and fantasy play as they develop a strong sense of self. Sharing and developing good social skills are an important part of their daily experiences. Some of the skills and concepts covered are:
1. Social: Work and play in small group - Encourage parallel play - Encourage sharing
2. Language: Colors - Shapes - Counting and number recognition - Days of the week - Recognize their written name
3. Cognitive: Teaching them to see other people's point of view - Encourage creativity through art experiences and play- Accept and follow direction - Can problem solve if they are simple - Encourage curiosity - Exposure to new vocabulary
4. Physical Development: Working on fine motor skills (gluing, lacing, stacking, coloring) - Introduce them to training scissors- Begin to use material such as play dough, paste, finger-paint- Large muscle development: jumping, running, hopping, skipping, etc.
5. Basic Life Skills: Continue to work on self-help skills (hand washing, eating, toileting, and dressing). - Potty training - Sit and eat meal without getting up - Encourage them to use their words when they want or need something - Practice sitting at circle for a longer period of time - Encourage each child to return toys and materials
498 S. US Highway 12,
Fox Lake, IL 60020
(2 Year Old)
This program is designed to allow them to explore everything with their natural boundless energy. We encourage their sense of discovery while building vocabulary, encouraging imagination, and personalizing learning. Some of the skills and concepts covered are:
1. Talking & Listening
4. Social & Emotional Development
6. Physical Development
7. Creative Expression
Contact us @ 847-886-2522
Copyright 2013. Learn & Grow Academy. All rights reserved.